In 1922, Camp Barton was established at Taughannock Falls, a mile or two south of our present location at Frontenac Point on beautiful Cayuga Lake in the heart of New York’s Finger Lakes.
In the more than ninety years since then, thousands of Scouts have been a part of the Barton tradition of fun, Scouting and year-round activity. We moved to Frontenac in 1927, and the fun has continued on the lake and in the nearly 130 acres of woods and fields.
Camp Barton is a great place for units to hold their monthly camping trips, or scouting families to have a weekend getaway, some of which have beautiful view of Cayuga Lake in the background. Short Term facilities are available from the weekend after Labor Day in September until the middle of June.
Trumansburg, New York 14886
View in Google
Absolutely No Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are allowed on Scout property at any time.
No Smoking in buildings or in front of Scouts.
You must check-in with the ranger upon arrival.
You must check out with the ranger before departure.
For any reason other than extremely adverse weather/travel conditions, cancellations must be made one week in advance.
Cancellation made within seven days of the scheduled use will be subjected to a minimum fee of $10 or 10% of the usage fee, whichever is greater. Cancellation of rental of complete facility is subject to 14 days notice with a fee of 10% of the usage fee.
All renters must follow the cleaning guildelines below and are responsible to replace or repair property or equipment damage or cleaning costs they might incur.
- Empty all trash containers, reline if bags provided, and take all garbage with you.
- Remove all personal items from all rental locations.
- Indoors or outside, make sure all fires are out and clean up fire scars.
- Follow any camp specific cleaning guidelines provided by the ranger.
If renting any building:
- All groups are responsible for set-up and clean-up of any facility used.
- Renters are responsible for the cleaning and condition of other areas in the facility used by their group members beyond what may have been reserved to include small meeting rooms, restrooms and kitchen.
- Wipe down all tables and hard chairs with cleaning solution and paper towels (you must provide these).
- Return all tables, chairs and other furniture to their original position.
- Sweep or vacuum floor, mopping any spills if needed.
- Erase all white boards.
- Make sure water is shut off in any meeting room, restroom or kitchen.
- Make sure all windows are closed. If room is equipped with window blinds or shades, make certain they are left closed.
- Turn off coffee warmers and coffee pots.
- Turn off all lights.
- Make sure no outside doors are propped open.
If kitchen has been used:
- Remove all food from the refrigerator and freezer.
- Wash and put away any dishes used.
- Make certain all appliances are turned off, including coffee maker.
- Wipe down all surfaces, including the inside of the microwave.
All renters are responsible to "leave camp better than they found it". Please report any damage to Camp Ranger and Campmaster. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines may result in the loss of security deposit or additional charges.