- The rental group agrees that the group will abide by the Facility Use Policy and any and all instructions of the Camp Ranger and/or his designee.
- The rental group agrees to provide a minimum of two (2) adult leaders, one of which must be 21 years of age or older. If a Scouting group, every adult must have completed Youth Protection Training. At least one adult must be present with the group at all times while at the facilities or in camp.
- While Scouting makes every effort to accommodate all persons with disabilities, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is a charitable, private organization not subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and any group who uses the facilities or camp is responsible for ADA compliance and any accommodations necessary for its participants and attendees.
- The local council Scout Executive (hereby referred to as "Scout Executive) or his/her designee is responsible for granting permission to use local council property, for the rules and regulations governing use, and for the rental charges to be paid. Local council property will be rented for other than Scouting purposes only when there is no interference with Scouting activities.
- Application for use of council facilities is to be made online. A credit card will be taken at the time of reservation and full payment will be made at the end of the rental. In addition, if there is any reason to believe that the use may involve damage beyond that of ordinary wear and tear, the Scout Executive may require advance payment against loss. The Scout Executive also reserves the right to revoke the reservation for cause.
- If a non-Scouting group, upon confirmation of the rental and before the beginning date of the rental, the rental group must submit a Certificate of Insurance providing for insurance coverage as described below, and must name the local council Overland Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America and the Boy Scouts of America as additionally insured. The minimum coverage necessary is as follows:
- General Liability
- General Aggregate Limit: $2,000,000
- Products & Completed Operations Aggregate: $1,000,000
- Personal & Advertising Injury Limit: $1,000,000
- Each Occurence Limit: $2,000,000
- Medical Expense Limit: $5,000
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 (if rental group and/or contracted vendor has owned vehicles on council property).
- Workers Compensation and Employers Liability (if rental group and/or contracted vendor has paid employees on council property).
- The BSA has established a program for non-Scouting groups to purchase individual event insurance coverage. If the rental group cannot provide proof of insurance, a separate insurance policy can be purchased through the local council. The cost of coverage will be added to rental fees for the activity or event.
- General Liability
- Smoking or tobacco use, alcoholic beverages, or illegal drugs are prohibited in any part of the Scout facilities or camp property.
- The reservation does not permit use of any machine, apparatus, equipment, or tools owned by the local council unless it is rented as part of reservation.
- Rental groups should confer with the Ranger and/or appropriate Service Center staff member to obtain permission to bring materials into rented spaces. The local council assumes no responsibility for damage to property of others.
- All laws regarding public assemblies and local council rules and guidelines must be strictly followed.
- Any camp or facility used by the rental group will be examined carefully after use, and the rental group agrees to leave the area(s) used in a clean condition. The rental group make good for any loss or damage above and beyond normal wear and tear occurring during the rental group's use of said area or equipment.
- Any decorations or equipment of the rental group must be promptly removed from the facilities or camp after the rental so as not to interfere with other activities. If there is a delay, the removal will be made by the local council at the expense of the rental group.
- In the event of any dispute or controversy regarding the meaning of anything contained in the rental documents and/or Facility Use Policy, the decision of the Overland Trails Council will be final.
By agreeing to this policy, the responsible party of the rental group hereby acknowledges that he/she is responsible for the use of the facility, camp, or equipment rented. He/she further acknowledges that he/she has reviewed and understands the rules and regulations contained herein, and agrees to comply with all. He/she understands that failure to comply with the aforementioned rules will jeopardize any future opportunities to use local council facilities an/or camps.
- After scheduling your rental, contact either ReNae or Jim at the North Platte Service Center to schedule your check-in time so they can have the gate unlocked.
- When you arrive at camp, proceed to your campsite and enjoy your stay.
- Clean out fire ring after use.
- Hose down latrine.
- Take ALL trash with you as we do not have trash service on site.
- Leave the campground better than you found it.
- All rental fees may be refunded for any reason under the following conditions:
- Cancel anytime before 14 days prior to your check-in date, and you will receive a full refund.
- After 14 days of your check-in date, but not within 7 days of your check-in date, 50% of the registration cost will be refunded.
- Once within 7 days of your check-in date, there will be no refund.
- No-shows forfeit all fees paid and will be invoiced for any fees not yet paid.
- Reservations may be rescheduled if notified more than 7 days in advance. Rescheduled dates must be within 12 months of original reservation.
- Full refunds will only be granted in the event of the camp being closed for any reason.
Damages and Clean-up
A Scout is clean and respectful. Facilities used at camp should be left as they were found or better. If the facility was not left clean, a cleaning fee will be charged to your final bill.
Your group is responsible, and will be charged, for any damages that didn't arise over the corse of normal use. Report all needed repairs to the Ranger or Campmaster immediately.