Policies for Safety and Vandalism
1.All activities will conform to BSA National Guidelines as set forth in the GUIDE TO SAFE SCOUTING.
2. The Scout Oath and Law apply to all in this camp.
3. All vehicles will be parked in designated PARKING areas, not campsites. No violations will be tolerated or permitted except in case of emergency or as designated by the Camp Master. Only drive on the designated road and adhere to the posted speed limit.
4. Alcohol, drugs, pets, tobacco products, firearms and fireworks are prohibited and under a Zero Tolerance Policy.
5. Build fires in properly designated areas and NEVER leave unattended.
6. All camp property, buildings and trees are not to be damaged in any way. The unit or group renting at the camp assumes full responsibiblity for any loss or damage to equipment.
Upon arrival the unit or group leader responsible for the reservation should check in with the Camp Master on duty or, if not present, the Camp Caretaker. They will provide information on the current state of facilities, direction for parking, transit in camp, location of facilities and sites rented, handling of trash as well as cleaning expectations and departure procedures. They will be your resource for your stay as Camp Lakota if there are questions or problems.
In preparing for departure all facilities used should be swapped, trash removed, water turned off, thermostats adjusted, lights turned off and doors closed. The Camp Master on duty or the Camp Caretaker should be notified in accordance with instructions provided at check in.
Cancelations must be received in writing no less than thirty (30) days prior to arrival at Camp for a refund.
No refund if less than 30 days.
When renting building(s) and/or campsites please leave everything in better condition than you found it. All garbage will be disposed of in designated disposal areas. Floors are to be swept and mopped. All itsy-bitys in campsites are to be picked up. A cleaning fee will be assessed if property is not left in an acceptable condition.