Coshocton, Ohio 43812
View in Google
CAMP USE RULES
IN CONSIDERATION OF GRANTING THIS PERMIT WE AGREE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. No Smoking is permitted in any camp facilities. Designated areas for smoking are available. Consult with the Camp Ranger.
2. Check in at the Ranger’s home when you arrive and when you are leaving.
3. After unloading, all vehicles must stay in the parking area, not in the campsites. No riders in the bed of trucks or on trailers. Unit Trailers may be dropped at the campsite.
4. Groups renting all, or part, of the Silver Beaver Village may drive to the gate to unload. After unloading, all vehicles should be moved to the parking area beside the pool, or returned to the main parking area at the Welcome Center.
5. Alcohol, fireworks and firearms are not tolerated while on the Muskingum Valley Scout Reservation. Violation of this will mean immediate dismissal from the property. There will be no refund.
6. Trash should be bagged and put into the dumpsters, located behind the Dining Hall, or taken with you when you leave.
7. All fires must be attended at all times.
-Standing timber will not be cut, unless permission is obtained from the Ranger. Firewood is available in designated areas. Unburned firewood must be returned to the designated area prior to departure.
-There must be at least two (2) adults present at all times. Youth Protection Guidelines will be followed. This is a BSA requirement. Groups not following this rule will be asked to leave the Reservation.
8. There is no swimming or boating in the lake. You may fish on the shoreline, we have a catch and release requirement.
9. All major appliances within the kitchen are not available to be used and not available for rental use without Scout Executive approval. Examples —walk in cooler/freezer, tilt skillet and dishwasher.
10. Please leave all wild animals alone. Mistreating wild animals will not be tolerated.
11. No sheath knives at camp.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY—Dial 911
For all other concerns: RANGER’S PHONE # (740) 829-2662
A scout always leaves his campsite looking better than he found it:
Police your area/building for all trash. Be sure to check under mattresses beds and tables. Don’t forget to check any bathrooms or latrines.
Sweep floors of cabins and latrines, taking time to knock down any cobwebs that have accumulated on walls, window sills, and in corners. Replace any tables or chairs to their original positions. Wipe down sinks and toilets as needed.
Be sure to tie up any used trash bags and take them to the dumpsters behind the dining hall. (please do not leave any trash in the site – this will attract animals and create a smell our next guests won’t appreciate.
See anything broken? Make note of any items that may need the Camp Rangers attention and give him the note when you check out.
As a scouter, this is your camp! If you see something that would make it better, please consider how you or your unit might help. Other than our Camp Ranger, all maintenance and camp improvements are completed by volunteers. Is there a project your unit could plan during your next visit? Talk to the Camp Ranger to discuss your plans.
On your arrival at camp, you must sign your group in at the Ranger’s Office. There is a clip board on the wall of the ranger’s house, if he is not available when you arrive.
Please check with the camp ranger, who will inspect the facility before you depart.
All fees are non-refundable. Fees are transferrable one time within a 90 day period.