Trevor, Wisconsin 53179
View in Google
IMPORTANT: As the person completing this reservation for your unit or group, it is your responsibility to share these rules and policies with everyone who will be participating in this reservation. Failure to know and understand these rules and policies will not be accepted as an excuse for breaking them.
Failure to abide by the Northeast Illinois Council rules and policies may not only result in immediate expulsion from the campground of everyone in your unit or group, but may prohibit your unit or group from camping at any of our campgrounds, or using any of our facilities, in the future.
General Camp Rules
- Every unit or group must have two-deep leadership at all times. At least one leader must be 21 years of age. The other must be at least 18 years of age.
- Discipline of each group is the responsibility of the adult leader in charge. Individuals should respect the camping areas of others and only enter with permission.
- BSA Guidelines for coed camping must be followed.
- Support the principles of “Leave No Trace”.
- Cooking fires and campfires are only permitted in established fire rings and fire scars; do not create your own fire pit or fire ring
- Outdoor fires must be supervised by an adult until extinguished.
- Please be respectful of all visitors by keeping all restrooms clean, even if the restroom is not in your campsite
- Fires must be reasonable (safe height) and be “dead” out at the time of departure.
- At least one adult must be present during check-out.
Prohibited Behaviors and Items
- Firearms, fireworks, or large hunting knives may not be brought to camp. A knife must fold.
- No chain saws in camp.
- Alcohol is prohibited in camp. Violation of this policy will result in your group/unit being asked to leave camp and forfeit all fees.
- No smoking in ANY camp building or in view of any youth.
- No tampering with smoke detectors, exit signs, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide alarms, or any other life safety device.
- Swimming is not permitted in any pond or stream.
- No motorcycles or ATV’s
- Pets are not allowed in camp.
- Cutting trees is not permitted.
- No gambling permitted
- FRIDAY 5 PM (or later)
- SATURDAY 9 AM (or later)
- SUNDAY 9 AM (or later, for daytime only reservations)
- Check in with the Caretaker or Campmaster before going to your reserved area or campsite.
- Complete the Check-In inspection and record all cleanliness and/or physical damage observations on the Check-In form, as applicable. Sign the form.
- Turn in Unit Roster.
- Do not pick or change sites without verifying their availability; they might be reserved for another group arriving later than you.
- Check-Out with the Campmaster or Caretaker. Complete the Check-Out inspection and record all cleanliness and or/physical damage observations on the Check-Out form. Sign the form.
- Check-out time is 12 PM, unless preapproved by the council's program assistant. Email Debi.Geiger@scouting.org if an extension is needed.
Northeast Illinois Council, BSA
Refund Policy for Camp Reservations
When a reservation is made at our camp facilities, that same space is no longer available to be used on that date by another party.
The purpose of the refund structure is to help support our camp's facilities by protecting them against a sudden loss of participation and revenue, which is necessary to maintain our facilities. It also keeps our rental availability fair as spaces are limited, and there is no guarantee there is enough time or interest on short notice for another party to take your place after a cancellation is made.
Payments will be reimbursed following these guidelines:
|Within 7 Days of completing a registration||A full refund will be given for all payments|
|Greater than 30 days before your reservation begins||A full refund will be given for all payments|
|Between 30 and 8 days before your reservation begins||A 50% refund will be given|
|Within 7 days before your reservation begins||No refund will be given|
|No show||No refund will be given|
- Full refunds will be provided if a refund request is made up to 30 days after your reservation and is accompanied by a physician's note.
- In the case of events where there is a limited capacity for participants, no refund will be issued for requests made less than 30 days before the event unless the reserved spot is filled by a waitlisted unit or a new unit.
Northeast Illinois Council Cleaning Policies
A Scout is Clean. Please take note of our cleaning policies below to avoid the forfeiture of your security deposit.
Check out with the on-duty Camp Master or Caretaker before departing Camp Oakarro or Camp Crown. They will ensure you have followed these policies so you will receive your security deposit back. The Caretaker's home is the first building you pass when entering the property.
Ask the on-duty Campmaster or Caretaker if you need any keys to access cleaning supplies.
- Leave No Trace policies apply to all campsite upkeep.
- Ensure any campfires are out completely before leaving and the fire ring or scar has been cleaned out for the next unit.
- Failure to leave your campsite and fire ring in a clean and acceptable manner will result in the loss of your security deposit.
- Cleaning supplies can be found in the Miller Cabin's metal cabinet or the storage closet between the Women's bathroom and shower room in the Jadel Center.
Ask the on-duty Campmaster or Caretaker if you need a key.
- Make sure all picnic tables are clean and organized.
- If the Jadel Center or Miller Cabin kitchen was used, ensure all surfaces, utensils, and appliances are cleaned thoroughly.
- Do not leave any food in the kitchens as they will attract wildlife.
- Sweep the floor.
- If the Jadel Center fireplace was used, ensure your fire is out cold to the touch. Clean out all ash. Stack leftover firewood neatly.
- Ensure any campfires are out completely before leaving and the fire ring or scar is cleaned for the next unit.
- Close all doors
- Make sure all picnic tables are clean and organized
- If the fireplace was used, ensure your fire is out cold to the touch. Clean out all ash. Stack leftover firewood neatly.
- Make sure any campfires are out completely before leaving and the fire ring or scar has been cleaned out for the next unit.
- Sweep out any dirt or leaves.
- Close all doors
Cleaning of Outhouses/Latrines
- Outhouses (that your unit used) should be swept before departure. Be respectful of the building and toiletry supplies you have been provided.
Garbage and Recycling Handling
- Garbage and recyclable items should be separated.
- Garbage should be placed in the dumpster behind the Jadel Training Center.
- Recyclables should be placed in the recycling dumpster behind the Jadel Training Center.
- Place all garbage and recycling in the dumpsters by the parking lot.