Tacoma, Washington 98405
View in Google
Building Use Guidelines
- The rules for use of Scout properties are based on the Scout Oath and law.
- Help your Scouts respect the rights of others.
- Leave the building cleaner than you found it.
- No smoking or vaping in buildings or around youth.
- Alcoholic beverages and controlled substances are not allowed on Scout outings or properties.
- Supervision of youth is required for their safety.
- Please leave the building as follows:
- Tables in the rented area should be wiped down and returned to the positions that you found them.
- Any tables moved from other areas or storage need to be wiped down and returned to where they were found.
- All chairs should be wiped down and returned to their original positions or returned to the chair caddies.
- Floors in rented areas should be swept and clean.
- If kitchen was used, all surfaces should be wiped clean including the sink, oven and stovetop.
- Tie all garbage bags and leave them in the kitchen for disposal.
- Clean up anything from your even from outside and inside. This includes cigarette butts.
- Turn off the lights and lock all doors.
- The following items will not be used at Creighton Service Center during your rental period:
- Candles or any open flame
- Glitter or confetti
- Red dye beverages
- Thumkbtacks, nails or tape (Painters tape can be used but must be removed)
- Wall Mounted TV
Renters are responsible for the repair/replacement costs of any damages caused by renter. Cleaning will be charged $35 per hour. If cleaning requires more than your security deposit covers, you will be charged for the additional cleaning time.
Visit the Council office Monday - Friday, 9AM to 5PM to collect your guest key and alarm code.
A security deposit is charged to cover any possible damage, loss and general cleaning charges. This is refunded if the facility is left in good condition and cleaned according to the Cleaning Guidelines, please allow up to 4 weeks after your event to receive your approved refund. All renters are responsible to replace or repair property, and for equipment damage or cleaning costs they might incur above and beyond the security deposit.
Full day which is anything between 5-8 hours is $150 and fully refundable after inspection.
Half day which is anything up to 4 hours is $75 and fully refundable after inspection.
Alarm System Instructions
WHEN ENTERING THE BUILDING
When you entering, you will hear a quiet beeping. You have 60 seconds to enter your temporary, four digit code. The beeping will stop and then you are free to unlock the doors with the hex keyhanging on the nearby wood pillar.
WHEN LEAVING THE BUILDING
Check that everyone has left the building and finish closing procedures as follows:
- Secure all accesible exterior doors, including locking the front doors with the hex key.
- With the front door closed & locked, press either < or > key. If any message regarding a "zone open" appears, check the doors again. If the system reads "Enter four-digit code to arm system," do so. You now have 60 seconds to leave the building. Once the door closes behind you, check to ensure the door is locked & latched.
If you experience any trouble with the facility, call Darrin Nicholson 509-596-6429 or Tracy Kapelski 253-230-0297.
I have read and understand the alarm system instructionsand further understand that if a "false alarm" fee is incurred the renter will be responsible for the $250 fee.
Return your key and code to the front desk during regular business hours, within 48 hours after your event.
Non BSA rentals must provide Event Insurance and sign a Hold Harmless Agreement.
Event Insurance Coverage & Liabilities for Non-Scouting Events required below are the limits:
|Products-completed Operations Aggregate||$2,000,000|
|Personal & Advertising Injury||$1,000,000|
|Damage to Premises rented to you (per occurence)||$100,00|
|Medical Expense (other than participants)||$500|
Cancellation of a reservation with less than 10 business days' notice will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
To cancel a reservation please send an email to email@example.com
Pick up keys and alarm code from office the last business day before your rental.
Return key and code the next business day after rental.
All cancellations and/or refund requests for reservations must be submitted in writing to the Creighton Scout Service Center at 4802 South 19th St, Tacoma, WA 98405, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds are based on the date the written request is received at the Creighton Scout Service Center.
Requests received two weeks (10 business days) or more prior to an event will receive a full refund.
Requests received from 5 to 9 business days before the event will receive a 50% refund.
No refunds are available 4 or fewer business days prior to an event.
The Council may make exceptions in the case of family emergency, sickness, or changes in military duty.
Please contact Tricia Salazar at 253-682-2217 for any questions regarding refunds.
All groups (Scouting or Non-Scouting ) are responsible for the repair/replacement costs of any damage caused by the unit/group. The deposit will be charged for any fees incurred. Cleaning will be billed at $25 per hour.