Contact Camp Ranger, Dave Douglas at 336-847-9519 no later than 3 days before your campout to confirm your reservation and arrival time.
- Hemric has limited access by land. When arriving by land, please ensure road conditions are able to handle vehicle travel. If your vehicle is stuck, it will be your responsibility to get recovered. There is NO Ranger on site.
- It is your Unit’s responsibility to leave your campsite and facilities (bathroom and other buildings) in the same conditions as when you arrived.
- This is a camp; therefore, you may have all kinds of critters running around. Remind your participants not to leave open food or trash in the campsite or tents.
- Remember your Guide to Safe Scouting and Introduction to Outdoor Leader’s Skill training for a safe and fun-filled campout.
- As your campout closes, remember to contact the Ranger or Camp Master to complete your checkout. This is important to ensure accountability on this remote island.
- Hemric Reservation is a Non-Smoking facility. Also, no-Pets are permitted on facility except service animals (with prior coordination with Camp Ranger).
- Finally, please contact the council office and settle your facility use fees within 14 days.
Each unit will check – in as follows:
- Contact Ranger at least 3 days prior to event. Jimmy Workman can be reached at 919-219-4385
- Inspect campsite and confirm with Ranger/Campmaster/Wagonmaster any issues or damage.
- Confirm departure time and procedures with Ranger.
- Ensure to read and follow camp policies (provided on council website).
Each unit will check-out as follows:
- Ensure campsites are clean of all trash (use dumpsters or take trash with you). If you brought in material (such as bamboo for gateways or other projects) – take it with you when you leave.
- Ensure bathrooms and any building used are cleaned.
- Working with the Ranger/Campmaster/Wagonmaster, return any borrowed equipment to appropriate location.
- Extinguish campfires. Ashes should be moved around to ensure there is no heat left in fire ring.
- Confirm with Ranger/Campmaster/Wagonmaster unit is cleared from campsite.
If you need to cancel your reservation please do so as quickly as possible. This will allow any other units to fill your spot.
A scout is CLEAN. Keep your body and mind fit. Help keep your home and community clean. Take any trash to the dumpsters. Some camps do not have a dumpster so you will need to haul your trash out of the camp.