A summer resident camp that is opening our staff housing facilities up for families to rent and enjoy camp in the fall and spring!
Birchwood, Wisconsin 54817
View in Google
Reservations and Fees
- Reservations are accepted up to one (1) year in advance. District reservations and council events may be made 18 months in advance.
- Reservations are confirmed only upon completion of the reservation system form and full payment of the building fee, site deposit, and/or canoe rental. Program and equipment requests will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Districts will be billed 90 days in advance for reserved facilities. (Districts must cancel at least 90 days in advance to be able to transfer building/site fees paid toward another date within one (1) year.
- Fee payments for campers, equipment rentals, shooting sports, and trading post charges must be paid at time of check-out before group departs from camp. (Advance payment is required for canoe rentals.) If no group payment is available, adult leaders are responsible to make a personal payment to be credited from the group.
- Units must have at least two (2) adult leaders at all times. The adult leader in charge must be at least 21 years old. Coed units must have both male and female leadership. At least one participating adult must be certified in Youth Protection Training for all scouting activities. Youth are not to be without adult supervision while roaming camp grounds. You are responsible for your Scouts and their actions. The buddy system should always be used at camp.
- At least one participating adult must have completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) for any Cub Scout Overnight Campout.
- Absolutely no cooking inside buildings that do not have built-in cooking facilities. Liquid fuels and propane must be used under direct adult supervision. Liquid fuels are not recommended. Chemical fuels and open flames are prohibited inside tents. Chemicals fuels are not allowed to be used to start fires.
- Firewood is not to be brought into camp unless purchased from a DNR certified vendor.
- Fires are to be built only in designated rings or barrels. The camp ranger may prohibit fires during extremely dry conditions. Fires are not to be left unattended. Put fires out cold.
- Standing timber or brush is not to be cut without approval of a camp ranger.
- Recyclable items and garbage should be separated and placed in appropriate containers in designated area. Please recycle to conserve our natural resources.
- The camp speed limit is 15 mph. Each passenger must use a seat belt. Absolutely no passengers in the back of trucks or on trailers. All vehicles are to remain on the road or in designated parking areas. All gear is to be carried into the site. Other arrangements must be made with the camp ranger or the Campmasters.
- Do not disturb the campsite; no digging, trenching or raking.
- Snowmobiles and ATVs are not allowed in camp.
- Archery equipment and firearms are available at camp for unit activities. Personal equipment and firearms are allowed only with prior approval of the camp ranger, and must be checked in upon arrival. Firearms and archery equipment are to be used at the ranges only. No ammunition of any kind may be brought to camp.
- Use camp toilets and latrines properly. Do not dispose of garbage, wash water, aluminum cans, etc. in the facilities.
- Pets are not allowed in camp.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are not allowed in camp.
- The camps will be closed in the event conditions make it impossible to access building/sites. Groups will be called in the event the camp ha been closed by the council. If the council closes the camp or in the event the weather conditions close schools and/or public events, groups may transfer building/site fees paid toward another date within one (1) year.
- Aquatic Activity: Where swimming or boating are included in the program, Safe Swim Defense, No. 34369, and/or Safety Afloat, No. 34368, standards must be followed. For all aquatic activity, one adult must be CPR Certified. Proof of certification is required on the day of arrival.
- Shooting Activity: Where archery is included in the program a NSC Archery Range Master, USA Archery or National Field Archery Association instructor must be present. Where BB guns are included in the program a NSC BB Gun Range Master or National Rifle Association instructor must be present. These certifications can be obtained by attending any number of council sponsored shooting sports training days.
- Climbing Activity: Where a climbing tower is included in the program one (1) adult leader must have attended a Tower Operations class, and hold a Climb On Safely Certification.
- TRANSPORTATION: The camp leader confirms that all drivers, vehicles, and insurance coverage meet the following standards:
- Absolutely no passengers in the beds of trucks or trailers are allowed at any time.
- All passengers must wear a seatbelt.
- All vehicles MUST be covered by a public liability and property damage liability insurance policy. The amount of this coverage must meet or exceed the insurance requirements of the state in which the vehicle is licensed. Any vehicle carrying 10 or more passengers is required to have limits of $100,000/$500,000/$100,000 or $500,000 combined single limit. In the case of rented vehicles the requirement of coverage limits can be met by combining the limits of personal coverage carried by the driver with coverage carried by the owner of the rented vehicle.
- You will enforce reasonable travel speed in accordance with state and local laws in all vehicles.
- All drivers must have a valid drivers license and be at least 18 years of age.
Check in is from 3-5PM. Please call or text the Ranger when you have arrived at your facility to notify them of your arrival. If texting, please include your last name and cabin in the message. If you plan to arrive later than this time frame, please pre-arrange your arrival with the Ranger.
Must check out by 11AM. Please call or text the Ranger when you have departed. If texting, please include your last name and cabin in the message. Must leave cabin in same, clean condition as found.
For cancellations made more than 45 days in advance, a group can transfer building/site fees paid toward another date within one (1) year. Cancellations made less than 45 days in advance will result in loss of building/site fees paid.