Making a Reservation
Learn how to select facilities and items, and check out
Creating an Account
How to create an account and set up your profile
Editing Your Roster
How to import a roster, or edit specific people
Access Codes
How to add an access code to your reservation.
Lost Pines Scout Reservation

Camp Details

  • Nearly 542 acres, on the northern shores of Lake Bastrop
  • Home to the tallest climbing tower in Texas, DOK’s Tower
  • Excellent Catfish and Largemouth Bass fishing
  • Some campsites located on the water
  • Drinking water and limited restrooms with showers are available
  • Not available for weekend camping in June, July or late December


Program Areas

Scouts BSA/Venturing/Sea Scout Camping ONLY

DOK’s Tower

  • $150 charge per group for full day usage (8-10 hours)
  • Must provide your own BSA certified climbing instructor
  • CLICK HERE for unit information packet
  • Must register at least one month prior to usage
  • CLICK HERE to reserve the Tower for your campout


  • No council fee
  • Adults should have current state fishing license

Shooting Sports Ranges

  • CLICK HERE for Lost Pines Shooting Sports range rules
  • Must provide your own NRA certified instructor for firearm use
  • Must provide your own USA Archery certified Level 1 or higher instructor to use archery equipment
  • Archery equipment, rifles, shotguns available for rental
  • If bringing Bows or Firearms on to Lost Pines, you must complete the Bow and Firearms form CLICK HERE for the form


  • Pool available for troop rental
  • Canoes may be available for use at Lost Pines at no charge with reservation
Directions to Camp


Near Bastrop, Texas
Directions: Google
Map of camp

785 FM 1441
Bastrop, Texas 78602

View in Google

08:00 AM
10:00 PM

05:00 AM
10:00 AM

Dining Hall
Program Area

Camp Use Policy Back to Top

Campsite Policy and Rules

  • COVID Requirements for Camping at Lost Pines Scout Reservation

    • Complete the Capitol Area Council COVID Guidelines Unit Agreement  online form (5 minutes)

    • Name of your Campout leader

    • Names of your trained COVID Safety Officers

    • You must provide a scanned copy of the Signed Council COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgment form for each person that will be camping.

    • These forms MUST BE emailed to Marisol Gonzales by 5pm the Wednesday before your campout.

    • It would be appreciated if you can complete these steps as soon as possible.

    • Please check for currently Unit Camp Guidelines and Requirements. 

  • All units must satisfy BSA two deep leadership standards

  • All program area fees must be paid in advance to the Capitol Area Council office

    • Capitol Area Council Scouting units must pay $3 per person for use fee.

    • Out of council Scouting units must pay $5 per person for use fee.

    • A roster of all participants (unit or event) is required as part of the check-in procedure with the ranger. These must be sorted by registered youth, registered adult and guest.

    • Bring a completed BSA Medical Form (parts A&B) for every participating Scout and adult'

  • Please camp in the campsite reserved.

  • Hammocks are prohibited.

  • Bathroom facilities with toilets are available.


    Please check with the Ranger on Duty and the County Fire Ban website for information about if campfires are permitted that weekend, to sign the Campfire Safety Agreement Form and to locate your fire ring. 

    • Be careful if the wind is high! We don't want to set the county on fire!

    • Please do not move it or do campfire elsewhere, and please make sure it is cold to the touch when finished.

  • Clean your campsite and take all trash with you when you leave the camp.

  • Please behave according to the Scout Law and the Outdoor Code. 

  • Parking for all is in the parking lot. No cars should be past this point.

    • Even though we are at a Scout camp please secure and lock your vehicle and securely stow all belongings.

    • For ADA parking or special needs please see the Camp Ranger.

  • All vehicles driven on this property must be with a state licensed driver.

    • No tractors, mowers, Mules, Gators, Rhinos, 4-wheelers or other such ATV’s are approved for this property. If you wish to use these type vehicles please see the Ranger in advance of your event.

    • Any ATV type vehicle or machinery must have a licensed driver 18 years of age or older, who has the proper ROHVA driver training.

  • All units must follow all Capitol Area Council and National BSA policies

  • If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the ranger on duty. 

  • Council refund policy will be in effect for all fees paid and owed


Check In Procedure Back to Top

Check-In Procedures

When you get to camp for your campout, your unit leaders must check in with the Campmaster or Ranger. You will find them at the Ranger office at Lost Pines Scout Reservation, or at the lodge at Camp Tom Wooten.

A roster of all participants (unit or event) is required as part of the check-in procedure with the ranger. These must be sorted by registered youth, registered adult and guest. Also bring a completed BSA Medical Form (parts A&B) for every participating Scout and adult.

If you reserved a program area like a shooting sports range or equipment like canoes, you will access that equipment or area with help from the Ranger. Please have hard copies of all of your necessary certifications (RSO, Rifle Instructor, Safety Afloat, etc). You will NOT be allowed to use the ranges/waterfront equipment if you can’t provide proof of necessary certifications.

Check Out Procedure Back to Top

Check-Out Procedures 

Before you leave, check out with the ranger or campmaster on duty. They will inspect your campsite/bathhouse/other usage areas for cleanliness before releasing you to leave.   

Cancellation Policy Back to Top

Click here to see our refund policy.