Bastrop, Texas 78602
View in Google
Campsite Policy and Rules
- All units must satisfy BSA two deep leadership standards
- All program area fees must be paid in advance to the Capitol Area Council office
- Capitol Area Council Scouting units must pay $3 per person for use fee.
- Out of council Scouting units must pay $5 per person for use fee.
- Please camp in the campsite reserved.
- Hammocks are prohibited.
- Toilets are not available.
- Clean your campsite and take all trash with you when you leave the camp.
- No ranger is on-site. Please behave according to the Scout Law and the Outdoor Code.
- All units must follow all Capitol Area Council and National BSA policies
- Units must use Leave No Trace camping guidelines
- Strict camping/hiking requirements December 1-May 31 due to Toad mating season
- No ground fires are permitted; cooking by camp stove/backpacking stove only
- Visitors must stay away from ponds during Toad mating season unless accompanied by an approved Biologist
Camp Check-In Procedure
There is no ranger on-site. The gate code will be emailed to you prior to your arrival date. Use the gate code to access the property and proceed to your reserved campsite.
Camp Check-Out Procedure
If the Council property you are using does not have a campmaster or ranger on duty, please remember a Scout is Clean, and leave the area better than you found it. Clean the restrooms if available, and pack out all trash. Do not leave piles of firewood in areas that need to be mowed. Please close and lock the gate as you leave.