Making a Reservation
Learn how to select facilities and items, and check out
Creating an Account
How to create an account and set up your profile
Editing Your Roster
How to import a roster, or edit specific people
Access Codes
How to add an access code to your reservation.
S-F Scout Ranch

Our S bar F Scout Ranch is one of the premier Scouting facilities in the United States. The Ranch's 5,200 acres include the 270-acre Nims Lake with the Little St. Francis River running through the property. The entrance to the Ranch is right on MO State Highway 67 just south of Knob Lick at the St. Francois and Madison county lines. It is about 12 miles south of Farmington and very easy to find.

Directions to Camp
Take Interstate 55 South from Saint Louis for approximately 33 miles. Take exit 174B to merge onto US-67 South. Continue on US-67 for approximately 46 miles to make a left turn in the campground.

SbarF Scout Ranch Highway 67, Knob Lick, MO 63651
120 US Hwy 67
Knob Lick, Missouri 63651

View in Google

08:00 AM
11:00 PM

05:00 PM
04:00 PM

Shawnee Lodge Adirondacks
Tree Houses
Londe Adirondacks
Tent Camping
STEM Pavilion
Climbing & Challenge
Program Features
Council Ring

Camp Use Policy Back to Top

Those persons using camping facilities can help to preserve the properties and Scouting's favorable image by observing the points listed.

LEADERSHIP FOR HIKING AND CAMPING - All Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Exploring groups using our facilities must be supervised by at least two registered leaders, 21 years of age or older.
Co-ed crews or posts must have a male and a female leader both 21 years old or older and approved by the sponsoring institution and the parents of the Explorers or Venturers.
A minimum of 2 youth members and 2 leaders are required for any Scouting activity.

CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT - All units must check in and out of camp with either the Camp Director or Camp Ranger on duty, and fill in the attendance blank, which is part of the permit form. A weekend is considered to start at 5:00 p.m. on Friday and end by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.

FIRES - Build fires in a cleared area and put out all fires with water. Do not dig holes for fires. If rocks are used for fireplaces they must be returned to the edge of the camping area, to provide safety for mowers.

WOOD - Use only dead wood for fires. Do not cut down any trees. Chainsaw use is prohibited.

GARBAGE - TIN CANS, TRASH - bag all unburnables and bring to dumpsters. Do not burn any refuse.

MOTOR VEHICLES - Motor vehicles are to be parked in the areas provided. The speed limit at Beaumont, Lewallen, Warren Levis, Rhodes France, and Pine Ridge is 15 miles per hour and at S bar F the speed limit is 20 miles per hour. Do not drive into camping areas.


  • Firearms
  • Alcoholic beverage
  • Non-medically prescribed drugs
  • Fireworks
  • No open flame lanterns or candles in tents.
  • Pets
  • Bicycles

Violators will be asked to leave the property.

CAMP BOUNDARIES - All Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers must stay within the camp's boundaries.

GUESTS - Any arrangements for guests must be approved in advance and noted on your reservation.

CAMP ENTRANCE GATES - Will be locked between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.

WATERCRAFT - Persons using watercraft are subject to the Boy Scouts of America Safety Afloat rules. Before making any plans to use either Council canoes or your own boat, contact the Camping Service. Watercraft is restricted to daylight hours. Use of personal watercraft must be approved in advance. Privately owned gas motors are not allowed at S bar F Ranch or Camp Lewallen.

FISHING - Fishing is available to registered members of our council when their stay in camp is directly related to a unit or district outdoor event involving Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturers, or Explorers. There must be as many Scouts as leaders on fishing trips. All fishing must be done in accordance with the current regulations of the Missouri and/or Illinois Conservation Commissions. The use of live minnows for bait is prohibited on Council owned lakes. For fishing at S bar F Ranch or Camp Lewallen, all personnel between the ages of 16 and 65 must possess a current Missouri State Fishing License.

DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT AND CABINS - All cabins, campsites, and equipment used by a unit will be inspected by the unit leader and Camp Director or Camp Ranger before being occupied or used. Any damages that occur are to be paid for when checking out. This includes defacing equipment and buildings, discharging fire extinguishers, destroying or defacing trees, etc.

SHOOTING RANGE - Qualified instructors must supervise all use of shooting ranges by Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers. To qualify, a leader must be at least 21 years of age and hold the appropriate instructor's certificate, .22, shotgun, or blackpowder, from the National Rifle Association. Only Camp furnished rifles and ammunition may be used.

PRESSURIZED FUEL - Leaders must follow the polices set forth in the Guide to Safe Scouting regarding the use of chemical fuels and equipment. 

SWIMMING - Swimming is permitted in designated areas. Units are responsible for providing trained supervision as described in BSA Safe Swim Defense. 

We reserve the right to refuse property access at the council's discretion.

Check In Procedure Back to Top

All units must check in and out of camp with either the Camp Director, Camp Ranger or Campmaster on duty, and fill in the attendance blank, which is part of the permit form. Units are to check in at the Rand Administrative Building/S - F Headquarters.

Check Out Procedure Back to Top

All units must check in and out of camp with either the Camp Director, Camp Ranger or Campmaster on duty, and fill in the attendance blank, which is part of the permit form. 

Cancellation Policy Back to Top



Year Round Camping Refund Policy: Rental fees are refunded only under extraordinary circumstances - e.g. medical emergencies.  Refund requests made less than 2 weeks prior to the reservation are only eligible for a refund of 75% of the total fee. If a refund is sought, the refund request form must be filled out and submitted.

If approved, refunds will be given back the way they were paid.  For example, if the troop paid a partial amount for the Scout, then the troop will be refunded their portion and the parent will be refunded the portion they paid.

You will be emailed once your refund has been processed by an employee at the council office.